Katherine “Price” Snedaker is the founder or “coach” of Team Concussion, a social media/web based support group for teenagers with concussions. She also works as an Independent Concussion Consultant to assist recreational teams, town leagues and private schools with her website, SportsCAPP.com. She designed this website around her work with local lacrosse leagues and is working to bring concussion awareness to all sports teams across the state.
Katherine has her Masters in Social Work and has worked as a school social worker. In addition to being a lifelong athlete, she has over ten years experience coaching boys lacrosse and co-ed soccer with children aged 5 to 15. She has vast experience with concussions as an athlete, a professional, a coach, league advisor and a parent of three active sons.
To help with research, Katherine has agreed to donate her brain to the study of CTE after she dies and encourages all adult athletes with concussion histories to consider this option (click here for more info).
- Consultant for Concussion Awareness and Policy for town and rec leagues, and private schools
- Concussion Advisor 2011-2012, CONNY Science & Safety Committee
- Founder of Team Concussion: Teen to Teen Support via social media
- Founder and Web Designer at Priceless Sites, Social Media linked Websites
- Director of Counseling and Community Education at The Concussion Center of Fairfield County
- Founder at Kids and Concussions – Website and Facebook Page for Concussion Information
- Social Worker, Adoption, Home Studies and Search at Family and Children’s Agency, Norwalk CT
- Social Worker, Child Therapist, Family and Children’s Agency, Norwalk CT
- Social Worker PTSD Intern at Veterans Administration
- Licensed Master Social Worker in New York and Connecticut – current 2012
- Advanced Concussion Training from The Sports Legacy Institute – current 2012
- Certified Coach in MODULE 15: Concussion Management – current 2012
- US Lacrosse Coaching Education Program Level 1 Boys Lacrosse Coach – current 2012
- Community First Responder Training Certification, Norwalk Community College
- CPR and First Aid Certified – current 2012
- Former Re-adjustment Therapist for Combat Veterans, Manhattan Veteran’s Administration’s Vet Center
- Former Certified School Social Worker in Connecticut
- Serves as the Counseling Director, The Concussion Center of Fairfield County.
- Provides Community Education for local private schools and town sports leagues, The Concussion Center of Fairfield County.
- Serves as the Concussion Reference Advisor for Norwalk Junior Lacrosse, 2008-present.
- Serves as Concussion Advisor to CONNY Connecticut-New York Youth Lacrosse Association (CONNY), 2009-present.
- Counsels concussion-distressed families via her volunteer organization, www.kidsandconcussions.com
SOME PRESENTATIONS ON CONCUSSION MANAGEMENT
- New Canaan County School, CT Concussion Awareness For Staff and Coaches, Jan 2012
- Connecticut-New York Youth Lacrosse Association (CONNY), Team Concussion Guidelines 2011
- Norwalk Youth Lacrosse Parent Meetings, 2008 – present
- CONNY, various board meetings, 2009 – present
- Bridgeport Youth Lacrosse Annual Team Breakfast for Players and Parents, Inc., 2009